Saturday, July 6, 2013

Welcome to my take on the sports world!

I like to say that sports make the world a better place. I also like to say sports make the world go ‘round. The athletes that compete in these sports amaze us by accomplishing what seems to be the impossible. Being a fan of a specific team, or even player, puts you into an elite community of fans that share a bond that no one can break.

As for me, I have been a sports fan since the 1996-1997 season(s). At that time I chose all my favorite teams based on who won the championships that year and by the players that were introduced to us. In Baseball the New York Yankees reigned supreme over the Atlanta Braves, the Green Bay Packers returned the Lombardi trophy home after a win over the New England Patriots. Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls showed their dominance over the rest of the NBA with the second straight title with a win over the Jazz. But a young star was introduced to the league in Kobe Bryant. The Florida Gators brought the College Football National Championship home to the Swamp under the coaching of Steve Spurrier. The Colorado Avalanche won their first Stanley Cup and a young golfer, Tiger Woods, turned pro.
Since then, the face of the sports world has changed some, but all in all it still draws my interests and keeps me busy on the daily. 

As a journalist I have worked as the Editor of the Clarion student newspaper at Sinclair Community college. During my time at Sinclair, I covered the mens and womens Basketball teams, Baseball, Softball and Womens Volleyball and many other areas. I am working to continue my education and one day I hope to make it as an ESPN analyst.

My favorite teams and players have stood tall in my heart and I remain a fan of the Packers, Yankees, Lakers, Gators and Avalanche. My favorite sports leagues to talk about have to be the NFL and the NBA. With the NFL’s popularity soaring to new heights every year and the NBA’s star power prominence, there is always something to talk about.

This blog is going to be dedicated to lending my opinion to major sports topics and news. I will break news (if possible) to some, analyze trades and signings, critique coaching decisions or critical plays and decisions as well as offer predictions for upcoming contests.

I hope to keep you entertained, and keep you informed on what is going on in the sports world.
Your feedback is more than welcome, and I hope to interact with my readers as much as possible.

Happy reading,
Tino Bovenzi



No comments:

Post a Comment